ONTAP Hardware

FAS2520 900 GB SAS Internal Drives only 3 Gbps Interface speed?

mdervovic

Hi all!

When checking the interface speed for FAS2520 internal drives, the HWU states that the 900 GB (X488A-R5) SAS Drives only seems to have an interface speed of 3 Gbps. For all other SAS drives the HWU states an interface speed of 6 Gbps. 

disks.JPG

Is this a typo?

If not, is the interface speed of the internal bay throttled down to only 3 Gb/s if using those 900 GB SAS Drives and does this even affect addtionally attached 6 Gb/s SAS Shelves like the DS2246?

Thanks in advance,

--Markus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DAMNX6789

Hello Markus,

this could be a possible typo as the X488A-R5 drive translates into the Hitachi HUC109090CSS600 drive.

The drive itself has an interface of 6GB/s. Though, an official statement would be nice. 😉

I'm quite sure that the connection to an IOM6 won't be throttled, but I would not recommend mixing 3GB/s and 6GB/s disks in the same aggregate. (but maybe it's only a typo)

drive.JPG

SAS_Disk.JPG

Regards

Michael

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

DAMNX6789

Hello Markus,

this could be a possible typo as the X488A-R5 drive translates into the Hitachi HUC109090CSS600 drive.

The drive itself has an interface of 6GB/s. Though, an official statement would be nice. 😉

I'm quite sure that the connection to an IOM6 won't be throttled, but I would not recommend mixing 3GB/s and 6GB/s disks in the same aggregate. (but maybe it's only a typo)

drive.JPG

SAS_Disk.JPG

Regards

Michael

Public