ONTAP Hardware

FAS3040 failed controller

AndreiF

Hello all,

I have a FAS3040 failed controller  with Ontap 7.

Please help me with some diagnostic tools to identify if controller board is defective or some pci interfaces.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

AlexDawson

At a device that it is 14+ years old, you should assume it has failed. You can boot to diagnostics and run the SLDIAG tests if you wish, but buying a replacement from ebay is likely the best option.

AndreiF

Thank you. 

Sorry for delayed response.

How about the configuration from failed controller? Can be saved and imported in "new one", or if is enough to move the flash?

AlexDawson

My apologies for the delay in responding - firstly you move the flash across, then boot to maintenance mode and reassign the disks from the failed system ID to the new one, and then destroy the HA mailboxes and it should be fine. The procedure is more or less documented at https://community.netapp.com/t5/Network-and-Storage-Protocols/FAS2040-best-practices-question/td-p/65517

Hope this helps!

NetAppCE

you can connect to the controller by a serial console and boot the controller.  If it can boot sucessuflly, pls. ctrl+c to boot menu and then choise boot to diagnosis. you can find the mother board test etc. 

Public