ONTAP Hardware

HOW TO CHECK THE CURRENT RAID GROUP SIZE

NAYABRASOOL

Hi All, 

I have two RAID GROUPS in my filer rg0 & rg1 and now i wanted to know what is the current RAID SIZE in order to add new disks to as i am using SAS disks which has limitation of 28disks per RG, Please help me to check the raid group size currenlty.

Thanks,

Nayab

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

scottgelb

I also like "sysconfig -V"  uppercase V which shows the number of disks per raid group...saves time from having to count

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

LTDCLSERGAO

Hi,

aggr options aggr_name

aborzenkov

It shows maximum group size, not actual. To see current raid group configuration: “aggr status -r aggr-name”.

scottgelb

I also like "sysconfig -V"  uppercase V which shows the number of disks per raid group...saves time from having to count

aborzenkov

Thank you! Did not even know about this option before ☺

scottgelb

I saw a customer use it a while ago and thought…wish I knew that before J It doesn’t sort by raid group though so they are in odd random order…but still a nice way to see raid group sizes and if all equal in size.

NAYABRASOOL

I dont know this option and i have added a new disk shelf which ended as disaster below

I have not observed as we have 3 RG's of RG0 = 16 Disks , RG1 = 16 Disks , RG2 = 8 Disks , as today only i have seen this i wondered how come this happened as i was thinking like Ontap will not create a New RG until the older one reached maximum , Now can anybody tell me if i can move all 8 Disks from RG2 to RG1.

Public