ONTAP Hardware

Netapp FAS2040 Disk Missing

SIMONWHITE87

Hi,

Sorry, I'm fairly new to administering Netapp and am not quite sure what's happening with a disk in our FAS2040 controlled array.

Basically disk 4 in our first aggregate has "disappeared" from the list of disks. If I do a disk_status with ONTAP command line it does not appear either. On the filer itself, the disk light is solid green, where as all other disks are flashing with green activity light.

Is the disk faulty? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

peter_lehmann

Please try these Commands:

filer> disk show -n

filer> aggr status -f

filer> disk show

filer> aggr status -s

And let us know if the disk is in any of these lists.

SIMONWHITE87

Hi Peter,

The disk does not show up in any of these lists. Any other suggestions?

peter_lehmann

Then you might have an issue with the connector of the disk to the back-plane in the shelf. Try to remove it, wait 20 seconds and then re-insert it. If the disk still does not show up in any of the lists, call NetApp Support to get further troubleshooting or the disk replaced.

CCOLEMAN_

Hey Simon,

Is this a single controller or duel controller?

Try this before you pull the disk out "storage show disk -p" and paste us the output

gen_user

I know this is an old post but I am having the same issue with my FAS2020 with two controller.

filer>disk show

DISK

0c.00.6

0c.00.4

0c.00.2

0c.00.7

0c.00.8

0c.00.10

0c.00.11

0c.00.9

So I am missing 0, 1, 3, 5. I tried all the suggested commands below, not getting any result.

filer> disk show -n

filer> aggr status -f

filer> disk show

filer> aggr status -s

filer> storage show disk -p

Adkhan

Dear gen-user,

I am having same issue with my fas2020. how did you able to resolved  that issue

Thanks in advance

Naveenpusuluru

Please perform disk qualification package upgrade and check. This might be the issue.

Reuben

Hi,

I know this is a very old post but am having the same issue with NetApp FAS2520 - Cannot see Disk in Bay 0 from ONTAP. We can only view disks in Bay 1 through to 11. It is a Dual Controller. I also have both the Activity and Attention LED's off on the disk.

Buying a new disk replacement didn't resolve the issue.

Did the Disk Qualification Package Upgrade as suggested by Naveenpusuluru resolve the issue.

Kindly Assist

Public