ONTAP Hardware

SSH Access to NetApp Controllers or system manager 3.x software needed.

Ervin111

Hello, we recently got old NetApp DS4246 with IOM6 controller. I found IP address but it is asking for username and password. Does anybody know default username and password or how to reset it? Also, if anybody has System Manager 3.x software? I asked NetApp support but it was not helpful, they just said system manager is obsolete and not available for download anymore. Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paul_stejskal

DS4246 = the thing the disks go into. IOM6 = the thing the disks connect to the SAS cables. You don't have anything else to drive it. You need an ONTAP node of some kind.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

paul_stejskal

DS4246 = the thing the disks go into. IOM6 = the thing the disks connect to the SAS cables. You don't have anything else to drive it. You need an ONTAP node of some kind.

Hello paul. Thank you for reply. I have disk box as you said and controllers, and IOM6 controllers also have ethernet and SAS ports on itself. As I understand I can connect SAS port to SAS card in the server( we are using OmniOS and it works fine with some non-NetApp boxes, box just provide access to all disks to the server on both channels and the server is managing disks).

I should be able to access controllers on an ethernet port for SNMP and management. Am I maybe wrong?

Thank you

Those ethernet ports are for ACP management, not regular ethernet connectivity. We don't provide support for third party storage OS. Maybe /r/homelab might have something on Reddit.

What meanas ACP managment? If it try to connect to this IP address with putty(ssh) it is asking me for username and password, is there default username and password just to login and see what happens?

Public