I'm performing Openstack and NetApp integration PoC test at customer site.
But an error occurrs when attaching a cinder volume to a nova instance.
Could you help me?
Openstack - havana version
Nova instances - NetApp 3250 on cDOT over NFS
Cinder volumes - NetApp 3250 on cDOT over iSCSI
1. creation of Nova instance - OK
2. cinder volume creation with 'cinder create' command - OK
3. cinder volume attaching to a nova instance which was created step#1 with 'nove volume-attach' command - error
When checking 'cinder list' command, it says that it's just 'attaching' status without change of status for a long time.
(it looks like a 'hang' situaton)
NetApp System Manager shows the created LUN and IQN information of host successfully.
We checked the created LUN is recognized on host with 'fdisk -l' command result as well.
It seems that there is a problem when attaching a volume to a VM from hypervisor by libvirt. I mean that NetApp storage<->Hypervisor over iSCSI is OK.
My questions are
1. Have you ever seen the same error before?
2. Is it OK to use nova instances over NFS and cinder volumes over iscsi at the same time? (Storage controller for both of them is same)