SnapManager to SnapCenter Transition

SnapCenter Plug-in for VMware vSphere detects FlexGroup instead of Flex Vol volumes

Maurice-FreeOnes

SnapCenter Plug-in for VMware vSphere detects FlexGroup instead of Flex Vol volumes, see screenshot:

Firefox_Screenshot_2023-10-22T10-53-28.485Z.png

As soon as I add more than one ch_fx_vmdatastore_gen_00* volume in the Resource Group I get this warning and can not continue. I have double checked in ONTAP and these are really FlexVol volumes and not FlexGroup volumes. Also I have some older Resource Groups which still have all the ch_fx_vmdatastore_gen_00* volumes in them and are running fine. Next to that we have other environments with completely the same setup and no problems like this at all.

The only strange thing I found so far is that this envrionment with the problem does have different Permissions when I look in Administration / Access Roles / Roles and go to Edit a role. I have tried to unregister and register the SnapCenter Plug-in for VMware vSphere, but that did not make the permission structure completely the same. Anyway, it does not seem to be a problem as the old jobs can run from start to end without any problems.

Anybody with a solution for this, other than creating a Resource Group job for every single vmdatastore?

(https://docs.netapp.com/us-en/sc-plugin-vmware-vsphere-45/scpivs44_create_resource_groups_for_vms_and_datastores.html)

1 REPLY 1

SBallard

Hi,

Did you find a solution? I have same issue.

Thanks

Public