Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

AHR-Invalid character for name

gmilazzoitag

Hi all,

I've created a regular expression for AHR to identify hostnames from switch alias that seemed to work...or at least this is what it let you believe.

In switch alias I have Adapter_A_rm_hostname or Adapter_B_rm_hostname and I've created Adapter_(.*) as regular expression. In preview I can see red underlined the correct path that will be extracted (A_rm_hostname or B_rm_hostname, customer want both). Format is \1.

But nothing happen and clicking on Preview button I've got 0 matches and the No Match window report "invalid character for name". Which name? Which char?

Regards,

PS) OCI is 7.0

2 REPLIES 2

ostiguy

Underscore is an illegal character in hostnames per the IETF RFCs. If you want to allow this, there is a checkbox to do so on the first tab of the AHR configuration page

gmilazzoitag

Hi Matt!

thanks a lot. I would have never thought!

I knew that RFC but I thought that OCI considered just label if there's no DNS lookup.

Bye!

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public