Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Browser performance with large workflows

kleemola

Anybody else having severe browser performance issues (freezing) during workflow execution with large workflows (100+ commands)?  The issue I'm having is much worse on IE than Chrome or Firefox.  Worse on IE8 than 9.  My customer uses IE8.

5 REPLIES 5

bdave

Gotta ask - 100+ commands in a single workflow?  What's that workflow doing?

Thanks,

Dave

kleemola

Setting options. 🙂

Actually, I mis-spoke. It's, not 100+ commands, it's one command repeated 150 times in a repeating row. It previews fine, but during execution, browser performance tanks. The workflow executes, but it is impossible to monitor or troubleshoot issues.

bdave

I posted a 7-mode Set ONTAP Options command as part of the Day-0 workflow example that takes a PowerShell array of option->value pairs as a parameter so you can set more than 1 option per row. The text fields in WFA 2.0 are limited to 256 characters, though. So, without any tricks, with the command I posted you could set options up to 256 characters per row.

The 2.0 version of the Day-0 workflow has some examples of using that command, and how to specify the array of options, too.

Hope this helps,

Dave

yarony

Hi,

I am a developer in the WFA team and I have been trying to reproduce this issue.

I have run a workflow with a loop of a 100 commands and it worked pretty fast and without any problems.

Can you please provide me details regarding the workflow, command, WFA version...

Also a backup will be appreciated

Thanks

Yaron

kleemola

Yaron, send me your email address, and I'll send you a backup and details.

Public