Community maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience!

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Browser performance with large workflows

kleemola

Anybody else having severe browser performance issues (freezing) during workflow execution with large workflows (100+ commands)?  The issue I'm having is much worse on IE than Chrome or Firefox.  Worse on IE8 than 9.  My customer uses IE8.

5 REPLIES 5

bdave

Gotta ask - 100+ commands in a single workflow?  What's that workflow doing?

Thanks,

Dave

kleemola

Setting options. 🙂

Actually, I mis-spoke. It's, not 100+ commands, it's one command repeated 150 times in a repeating row. It previews fine, but during execution, browser performance tanks. The workflow executes, but it is impossible to monitor or troubleshoot issues.

yarony

Hi,

I am a developer in the WFA team and I have been trying to reproduce this issue.

I have run a workflow with a loop of a 100 commands and it worked pretty fast and without any problems.

Can you please provide me details regarding the workflow, command, WFA version...

Also a backup will be appreciated

Thanks

Yaron

kleemola

Yaron, send me your email address, and I'll send you a backup and details.

bdave

I posted a 7-mode Set ONTAP Options command as part of the Day-0 workflow example that takes a PowerShell array of option->value pairs as a parameter so you can set more than 1 option per row. The text fields in WFA 2.0 are limited to 256 characters, though. So, without any tricks, with the command I posted you could set options up to 256 characters per row.

The 2.0 version of the Day-0 workflow has some examples of using that command, and how to specify the array of options, too.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public