Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Can WFA incorporate 3rd party PowerShell Toolkits?

reide

IHAC who has Powershell toolkits for things like Cisco UCS, HP Servers, etc...  They would like to use those PowerShell toolkits to create WFA commands and incorporate them into their workflows.  Would these work with WFA 2.0?  Do they just need to install the 3rd party PowerShell toolkit onto the WFA server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yaronh

Hi Reid,

No reason that should not be possible.

All of the VMware commands work with an additional 3rd party toolkit (PowerCLI in this case).

Do note that collisions are possible, as toolkits may manipulate the path env variable or do other things.

I'd suggest to create a WFA backup before doing anything like that, so if something goes awry - A re-installation

would be very easy.

Would be very happy to get feedback on successful deployments of such toolkits 🙂

Best,

Yaron Haimsohn

WFA Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

yaronh

Hi Reid,

No reason that should not be possible.

All of the VMware commands work with an additional 3rd party toolkit (PowerCLI in this case).

Do note that collisions are possible, as toolkits may manipulate the path env variable or do other things.

I'd suggest to create a WFA backup before doing anything like that, so if something goes awry - A re-installation

would be very easy.

Would be very happy to get feedback on successful deployments of such toolkits 🙂

Best,

Yaron Haimsohn

WFA Team

reide

Thanks Yaron.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Public