If you missed the pre-registration for NetApp MS Azure AD B2C, the new login prompt will offer the option to register. Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Cannot get to localhost after fresh install of Insight 7.1 on new server

EL-Jeffe

I have installed OnCommand Insight on a new server 2008R2.

The install completed cleanly.

I can start Insight, although I want to do a restore from our other, older, Insight server.

When I try to get to https:// localhost/index.do it will not go.  No error just "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

Not sure if this is a local firewall problem or not.  Was hoping someone had seen this before.

Any help would be appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11

hotz
It's just a hunch, but can you try to leave away the index.do part?

EL-Jeffe

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have tried every combination, looks like it my be my desktop validator or a network issue.

ostiguy
You server logs look perfectly clean - no indications of port conflicts, Jboss load problems, etc I would try a different web browser, or disabling proxy settings if possible

EL-Jeffe

Thanks, I will go down a different path, possibly network.

ostiguy
Is your browser configured to us a proxy? The proxy won't be able to route to localhost Try using the actual hostname

EL-Jeffe

It is not setup to use a proxy.

EL-Jeffe

I used the IP address, host name, local host.

I used :443, index.do.

I used HTTP and HTTPS.

Nothing is working.

moechnig

Try using "netstat -ano" and see what process is listening on 80 and 443.

Also, just in case, there's a space in the localhost URL you pasted into the initial post.  Might want to confirm that it's not in your location bar in real life. 

EL-Jeffe

Looks like they are listening.  I see 443 on PID 4108 which is the Insight Server.

ostiguy
Zip up C:\Program Files\SANscreen\jboss\server\onaro\log And send it to me at ostiguy at netapp dot com Matt

EL-Jeffe

Here is the zipped log directory.  Change to .zip

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public