The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to register at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Custom finder failing in workflow only

rustyb

I built a custom finder that would select aggregates from a specific aggregate resource group in OM.  When I test the finder directly, this works as expected.  However when I add the finder to my workflow, this fails with Illegal expression.

Exact error is

Failed to evaluate resource selector. Illegal expression: VCI-Available-Aggrs

At command 'Create VCI Volume', tab 'Volume', variable 'volume', property 'aggregate'

I'm using 'aggregate by group' in my finder.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

goodrum

Since you are hard-coding the group name, you will need to put it in quotes.  The current issue is that you are calling for a check of group named VCI-Available-Aggrs and since it is not in quotes, WFA thinks that it is a variable named VCI-Available-Aggrs.  Change that and it should work like a champ.  This is only required if you are hard declaring the value and not if you are using a user input to define.

Jeremy Goodrum, NetApp

The Pirate

Twitter: @virtpirate

Blog: www.virtpirate.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

goodrum

This message indicates that the variable that you are referencing is likely NULL.  Is the variable name VCI-Available-Aggrs?  Are you using the auto find option for aggregate inside of the command object?  Might need to see some screenshots of the failure.

Jeremy Goodrum, NetApp

The Pirate

rustyb

I'm using Automatically Searched for my aggregate...  Sent screenshots outside of this thread.

goodrum

Since you are hard-coding the group name, you will need to put it in quotes.  The current issue is that you are calling for a check of group named VCI-Available-Aggrs and since it is not in quotes, WFA thinks that it is a variable named VCI-Available-Aggrs.  Change that and it should work like a champ.  This is only required if you are hard declaring the value and not if you are using a user input to define.

Jeremy Goodrum, NetApp

The Pirate

View solution in original post

rustyb

Yep.  That was it... 

Appreciate your help!

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public