Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Customizing OCUM reports

cfrank

Hi all,

I have run the canned Aggregate and Capacity Utilization report in OCUM 6.3. I would like to see the amount of overcommitted capacity in GB and not percentage. I am trying to create a new column to calculate this but it is not very intuitive. If I put a column name from either the report or the "Aggregates" tab, it tells me it's not valid.

Any clues on how to do this? Please don't tell me I need to use BIRT. It's for my customer and he won't like that answer.

TIA,
Frank

4 REPLIES 4

warrenb

I'm not sure if you are still looking for a response to this, but I've been looking into the custom reports today for a customer I am working with and I've edited the aggregate report and replaced the overcommited capacity percentage column with a committed capacity column.

Note that you'll need to change the file extension back to rptdesign as I cannot attach the original file.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Warren

cfrank

Hi Warren,

Thanks for this. I haven't tried it yet but how did you edit the aggr report? This is the default report from OCUM that you changed?

Frank

warrenb

Hi Frank,

It is a bit farcial really, but if you enter the diagnositc shell in OCUM then you can access the reports as they are stored in the filesystem. I took it out and tweaked it with that Eclipse tool.

The alternative, which I tried first, is to reverse engineer the over-commited value using an advanced computed column within OCUM. A lot simpler, but it will only give you over-committment, not actual committment.

Warren

cfrank

Ah, ok. Just wanted to make sure i didn't miss some way to export the report source. Thanks again.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public