Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

DFM 5.1 option dpMaxGetStatusRetries , dpGetStatusRetryInterval

kmichaelsen

Hi

Getting these errors often and have corrected values as suggested "dpMaxGetStatusRetries=40"  "dpGetStatusRetryInterval=400"

Error message is when to update snapvault

Error Message 1 :

The data transfer from trf2pvprd_lpa:/TRFVOL_CIFS_1/TRFVOL_CIFS_1_Q to trf2svprd-rtv1:/trf2svprd_rtv1_TRFVOL_CIFS/TRFVOL_CIFS_1_Q is not complete yet. You need to retry more times or wait for more time by changing either option: dpMaxGetStatusRetries or dpGetStatusRetryInterval.dpMaxGetStatusRetries=40,dpGetStatusRetryInterval=400

Error Message 2:

Failed to create secondary snapshot on trf2svprd-rtv1:/trf2svprd_rtv1_TRFVOL_CIFS.

Reason : Could not create 2013-06-03_2000+0200_daily_.-.TRFVOL_CIFS_1_Q.TRFVOL_CIFS_1_Q_1.TRFxCIFSxcsc-nascon-12_trf2pvprd_lpa_TRFVOL_CIFS_1.TRFxCIFSx snapshot for trf2svprd-rtv1:/trf2svprd_rtv1_TRFVOL_CIFS: NDMP communication error while processing inbound messages

Anyone know where I can find documentation on these values ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kryan

I am assuming that these transfers used to complete without needing the options to allow job monitoring to completion. 

This could be a temporary issue, but if it continues to occur I recommend opening support case to determine a cause and workaround/fix.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

kryan

These are hidden options and thus are not documented.  Their default values are 10 and 300 respectively.

C:\>dfm option set dpMaxGetStatusRetries=40

Changed the max number of retries for the NDMP_SVS_GET_STATUS request to check if a data transfer is complete on a secondary filer to 40.

C:\>dfm option set dpGetStatusRetryInterval=400

Changed the time between two NDMP_SVS_GET_STATUS requests to check if a data transfer is complete on a secondary filer to 400.

If you are using these options, there is potentially an issue causing the protection relationship to not complete within the normal/expected time frame.  By using these options you are asking UM to wait longer and/or try additional times to get the status of the transfer.

kmichaelsen

Thanks for answering.

That was also what I expected the values to when changed.

So if I still have some issue when changed the values to =40  and  =400  , do I need to adjust the values more or do I need to look in other direction as of why timeframe is not enough to finish the snapvault update.

kryan

I am assuming that these transfers used to complete without needing the options to allow job monitoring to completion. 

This could be a temporary issue, but if it continues to occur I recommend opening support case to determine a cause and workaround/fix.

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public