Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

DFM 5.2 doesn't see volume

billshaffer

I'm running DFM 5.2 on RHEL 5.11.  I noticed that, in the GUI, one of the volumes was not updating stats.  I tried doing a dfm host discover.  I did a dfm volume list -a, and saw the volume listed, along with what looked to be an  old version of the volume on another (non-existent) host, which was deleted.  Thinking the identical names was an issue, I deleted the volume (dfm volume delete), removed both volumes from the deleted list (dfm volume delete -f), and ran dfm host discover again.

The controller is an N-Series N6240 running 8.1.2P3.

The volume still doesn't show up in dfm volume list -a.  Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks

Bill

6 REPLIES 6

JGPSHNTAP

That's interesting.. do dfm detail on the object id

billshaffer

...but the volume doesn't show as an object, how do I get the object ID?

Bill

argiri

Need few clarifiation

Is it a CDOT OCUM installation?

what is the monsnmpTimeout configured on OCUM server?

OCUM discovers the volumes using SNMp (snmpbulkwalk) by querying the table volTable.

Enable this tetspoint TESTPOINT(0, fsmon, "snmp-stats") , share the DFMDC logs

Does the externam snmpbulkwalk on volTable show the volume?

billshaffer

Thanks for the response.

This is 7-mode - apologies for not stating that.

monsnmpTimeout is 60.

I tried snmpbulkwalk -c public -v 2c <host> volTable, but got

volTable: Unknown Object Identifier (Sub-id not found: (top) -> volTable)

If I try snmpbulkwalk -c public -v 2c <host> system, I get a response that looks reasonably accurate.

I'm not very vluent with snmp - not sure if the above is what you meant by "Does the externam snmpbulkwalk on volTable show the volume?", and I'm not sure what you mean by enabling a testpoint?

The last few lines of dfmcmd.log show my refreshing the host system, then nothing else:

Jul 27 10:54:42 [dfm: INFO]: [7696:0x2b475d2b0100]: Refreshing data from host <host> (3801) now.
Jul 27 13:34:16 [dfm: INFO]: [7730:0x2b22a96c5100]: Refreshing data from host <host> (3801) now.
Jul 29 08:31:34 [dfmconfig: INFO]: [2583:0x2b12e4843100]: No configurations were found.

I think another admin was doing some work on snmp with the controllers; I think this problem may predate that, but for now DFM is reporting that snmp is down.  I will followup there.

Bill

billshaffer

So, that was the problem.  The snmp community had gotten renamed, and DFM wasn't happy.  Thanks for getting me going in the right direction!

Bill

argiri

Bill,

Tablename should be replaced with its corresponding OID.

Syntax to run snmp query:

snmpbulkwalk -c public -v 2c <host> .1.3.6.1.4.1.789.1.5.8.X

where .1.3.6.1.4.1.789.1.5.8.X is the OID for volTable

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Giridhar

Public