Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Dell/EMC PowerStore + OCI?

ostiguy

We are looking into building a data source for OCI to support Dell/EMC's new midrange, PowerStore platform

We are looking to chat with any OCI users interested in seeing this support - do you have PowerStore in a lab or on the floor, what models + protocols will you be using,  are you deploying single versus multi appliance clusters, etc.

If this is interesting to you, email me at ostiguy at netapp dot com

4 REPLIES 4

ostiguy

We have beta inventory + performance support available for Dell/EMC PowerStore.

If you are an OCI user interested and are on OCI 7.3.1+ , get Service Pack 9 deployed and drop me a note if you would like access to a patch that adds PowerStore support.

prcpa8w3p

@ostiguy - not so much PowerStore rather PowerScale (based on EMC Isilon.) CI currently has a data collector for Isilon. How is this data collector  potentially be different from a new PowerScale one?

ostiguy

What is the definition of "PowerScale"? Any array running OneFS 9.0.0+?

I don't think Dell/EMC has done a great job explaining what makes a PowerScale a PowerScale ->

https://www.delltechnologies.com/en-us/storage/powerscale.htm#scroll=off

8/10 nodes listed there have "Isilon" in their names, only 2 have "PowerScale".

If PowerScale is simply 9.0.0+ firmware, then I would try our existing Isilon collector against it. 

prcpa8w3p

@ostiguy - yes, any array running OneFS 9.0.0+. Thanks will use the existing Isilon collector.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public