Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Enabling cache for some attributes

yannb

Hi folks,

I'm working on a workflow to protect/failover Vserver, so far it works fine with basic volume options.

But I want to duplicate source volume properties like unix_permissions and security_style for example, and I have two problems with that :

• Unix permissions not cached

Since this attribute is not cached, I can't apply it to my DR volume (i.e. SourceVolume.unix_permissions returns null)

I tried changing the data source entry but basically, it looks like I need to create a whole new datasource with a custom scheme because it wouldn't let me change cm_storage

Is there a workaround to this ?

• Security style NULL

I cannot apply that property to my new volume either because it looks like it is NULL, despite the fact it appears as UNIX in the UI

Thanks for your help ! I'm getting close to have a usable DR solution for Vserver :

- Create DR vserver

- Create volumes and mirrors

- Failover vServer

- Break mirror

- Mount volumes

1 REPLY 1

Re: Enabling cache for some attributes

hill

Hi Yann,

Can you confirm what version of WFA you are using?  I know there was another acquisition table added for WFA 2.0.1, but I honestly don't know right now if it will fit your need.  There are also might be an answer in the upcoming release of WFA 2.1, but again... I will have to check internally if that information will be cached in order to facilitate what you're trying to doing.

Best,

Kevin

Earn Rewards for Your Review!
GPI Review Banner
All Community Forums
Public