Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Engenio arrays

Meg

Hello,

I have come upon a Teradata 550 using Engenio arrays. There are a nubmer of failed disks. I have purchased "New in box" same model replacement drives (Seagtate Cheetah ST373455FC). When I replace the drives in the tray, the GUI (Symplicity Storage Managment for Teradata) tells me "Wrong type drive inserted".  I assue it's a firmware issure or there is some special way to tell the GUI to initialize the drive (yet that is grayed out in the menu). I have noticed that if I look at the properties of the new drive, it tells me it is ST373455FC (005) while the disks that are functioning show up as ST373455FC-DAP (MS5C).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

madden

Hi @Meg

Sorry, I don't think it's possible to use a non-NetApp supplied drive anymore.  A while back I've seen it work but not lately.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

Meg

Thanks for the reply. These arrays are Engenio branded, which were produced before the NetApp qcuqisition of LSI. I was hoping that someone had some pre-NetApp experience wiht these arrays.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public