The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Error in C-mode acquisition from OC 5.1

aparker

I get this error when acquiring data from an OC in C-mode. 

Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`cm_storage`.`vserver`, CONSTRAINT `fk_cm_storage_vserver_root_volume_id` FOREIGN KEY (`root_volume_id`) REFERENCES `volume` (`id`) ON DELETE SET NULL)

Everything looks fine in OnCommand, it sees the cluster, the nodes, and the vservers.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

adaikkap

Hi Parker,

Run the dfm purge utility to get rid of all ghost events.

DFM Purge Tool: How to Video

Regards

adai

hill

Great stuff Adai.... thanks for sharing!!!

Kevin.

yaronh

Hi Alan,

Just to summarize our communication on the subject:

Switching to another copy of OC made it better (Acquisition successful with some warnings).

A side note I got is that if OC 5.1 is installed over an uninstalled DFM 4.0, sometimes "ghost" objects appear.

Regardless - OC 5.1 is not fully supported for caching in 1.1.1, as the cache model is not complete.

WFA 2.0 contains a revision of OC 5.1 cache, while completing the missing objects.

Thanks,

Yaron

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public