The community is undergoing maintenance and is in Read-Only mode. Click to learn more.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Harvest Workload View?

ChrisCasale

Hi All,

I've had a few requests for a per-workload view that shows the service center breakdowns. Is there a good place (documentation) to start figuring out how to build this, or, even better, does it already exist?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

madden

Hi @ChrisCasale

Harvest tracks IO/MBs/Latency/Latency From on per workload and per policy group basis. In Harvest version 1.2.2 there is a dashboard "NetApp Detail: Volume" which shows workloads that have been defined at the 'volume' level, which is the default/automatic behavior in 8.3+.  

If you have file/LUN or SVM level workloads these are still tracked but there is no default dashboard for them; check underneath the svm or volume in the metrics hierarchy and you will find them.

If you are interested in per Policy Group details I have updated the SVM dashboard to also show these and it will ship in the next Harvest release.  I did this by adding a new template variable $PolicyGroup and then graphs with an example query string like: 

aliasByNode(highestAverage(netapp.perf.$Group.$Cluster.svm.$SVM.qos_policy.$PolicyGroup.read_latency, $TopResources), 7)

These metrics are available in Harvest 1.2.2 as well, so you can build a dashboard them today if you want.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

madden

Hi @ChrisCasale

Harvest tracks IO/MBs/Latency/Latency From on per workload and per policy group basis. In Harvest version 1.2.2 there is a dashboard "NetApp Detail: Volume" which shows workloads that have been defined at the 'volume' level, which is the default/automatic behavior in 8.3+.  

If you have file/LUN or SVM level workloads these are still tracked but there is no default dashboard for them; check underneath the svm or volume in the metrics hierarchy and you will find them.

If you are interested in per Policy Group details I have updated the SVM dashboard to also show these and it will ship in the next Harvest release.  I did this by adding a new template variable $PolicyGroup and then graphs with an example query string like: 

aliasByNode(highestAverage(netapp.perf.$Group.$Cluster.svm.$SVM.qos_policy.$PolicyGroup.read_latency, $TopResources), 7)

These metrics are available in Harvest 1.2.2 as well, so you can build a dashboard them today if you want.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public