The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to register at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Harvest fails to import dashboards - 500 SSL_verify_mode must be a number and not a string

e_honcoop

Let me start of by saying i LOVE NetApp harvest. It provides a LOT of insight.

It is however quite a hassle to set up (especially when lacking linux experience.

For that reasom I'm trying to install and configure it without a specific IP-configuration and without controllers added.

(So I can export it, copy it to my customers locations and set it up with minimal effort)

Now I'm running into a problem:

Once I arive at the step where you import the dashboard, harvest gives me an error:

root@SRV-NOCH-01:/opt/netapp-harvest# /opt/netapp-harvest/netapp-manager -import
[OK     ] Will import dashboards to https://localhost:443
[ERROR  ] Failed to import dashboard [db_netapp-dashboard-7-mode-group.json] due to error: 500 SSL_verify_mode must be a number and not a string
[ERROR  ] -Response was :SSL_verify_mode must be a number and not a string at /usr/share/perl5/IO/Socket/SSL.pm line 2166.

I have a feeling it can be a few things:

- Im running a newer version of Grafana
root@SRV-NOCH-01:/opt/netapp-harvest# apt-show-versions grafana
grafana:amd64/wheezy 3.0.4-1464167696 uptodate

- Im using either localhost or 127.0.0.1 everywhere (in combination with DHCP)

- I havent fully configured harvest (/opt/netapp-harvest/netapp-harvest.conf only contains info about Grafana and Graphite)

I hope you can help me out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

madden

Hi @iparboy@e_honcoop

This error seems to be an interop issue between Harvest 1.2.2 and a newer version of the IO::Socket:SSL library.

To fix do the following:

1) Edit netapp-manager:

nano /opt/netapp-harvest/netapp-manager

2) Add a new line at line 25 as in green below:

use JSON;
 use LWP;
 use IO::Socket;
 use IO::Socket::SSL;

3) Modify line 156 to remove the `` around SSL_VERIFY_NONE as shown below:

FROM: my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new( ssl_opts => {verify_hostname => 0, SSL_verify_mode => 'SSL_VERIFY_NONE'}, timeout => 10);
TO: my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new( ssl_opts => {verify_hostname => 0, SSL_verify_mode => SSL_VERIFY_NONE}, timeout => 10);

4) Save and exit.

Thereafter your netapp-manager -import and -export should work.  Please confirm that this solves the issue (and give a kudos!)

I have also fixed and it in main and it will be in the next Toolchest release.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

iparboy

Hi, I have the same problem with the same error.

[OK ] Will import dashboards to http://127.0.0.1:443
[ERROR ] Failed to import dashboard [db_netapp-detail-graphite-server.json] due to error: 500 addr is not a string
[ERROR ] -Response was :addr is not a string at /usr/share/perl/5.20/IO/Socket/IP.pm line 453.

any idea?¿?

madden

Hi @iparboy@e_honcoop

This error seems to be an interop issue between Harvest 1.2.2 and a newer version of the IO::Socket:SSL library.

To fix do the following:

1) Edit netapp-manager:

nano /opt/netapp-harvest/netapp-manager

2) Add a new line at line 25 as in green below:

use JSON;
 use LWP;
 use IO::Socket;
 use IO::Socket::SSL;

3) Modify line 156 to remove the `` around SSL_VERIFY_NONE as shown below:

FROM: my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new( ssl_opts => {verify_hostname => 0, SSL_verify_mode => 'SSL_VERIFY_NONE'}, timeout => 10);
TO: my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new( ssl_opts => {verify_hostname => 0, SSL_verify_mode => SSL_VERIFY_NONE}, timeout => 10);

4) Save and exit.

Thereafter your netapp-manager -import and -export should work.  Please confirm that this solves the issue (and give a kudos!)

I have also fixed and it in main and it will be in the next Toolchest release.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

View solution in original post

acjackson

I have the same problem but the fix did not work for me :(.

Perl Version: revision 5 version 16 subversion 3

https

[ERROR  ] Failed to import dashboard [db_netapp-dashboard-7-mode-group.json] due to error: 500 addr is not a string 
[ERROR  ] -Response was :addr is not a string at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/IO/Socket/IP.pm line 662.

edit:

After some debugging, I got a message, that my api key was invalid. So I changed the grafana api key and now it works 🙂

cprivitere

Awesome! Fixed my problem as well.

e_honcoop

Nice one Chris, accepted as solution and kudos provided.

Bedankt! 🙂

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public