Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Is it possible to create a compound variable from a row repeat?

dblackwe

I am trying to create a complex workflow that will work for any number of nodes in a cluster.  One of the steps has to be adding the mgmt interface to a new failover-group.  I have a command that will do that, but it needs the node names as input.  Is there a way to create a variable that =+ each repeats node?  $full_node =+ NodeMemeber1.name and would allow me to use that in another row?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dkorns

Maybe as you are looping through the nodes to do the rename, you could be building up a workflow variable that holds the complete list of node names (new or old) using the 'additional' row repetition variables ... something like:

nodeList.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

geringer

Have you considered getting that information directly from the cluster and just doing the looping with a single command.

Look at Get-NcClusterNode

Mike

dblackwe

Normally I would try that.  However the failover-group setup command I have for WFA needs all nodes specifiec at the same time.  Also, part of the workflow changes the node names.  They come in as 01,02,03 etc.. and the first step is to rename them to h01a,h01b,h02a,h02b etc.

geringer

Can you export the command and attach the .dar file?

dkorns

Maybe as you are looping through the nodes to do the rename, you could be building up a workflow variable that holds the complete list of node names (new or old) using the 'additional' row repetition variables ... something like:

nodeList.png

dblackwe

This solved exactly what I wanted/needed.  Thank you.

Public