Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Multiple DFM in OnCommand Insight report

jerome_barrelet

Hello,

We have 3 DFM in our environnement, The connection was successfull for the 3 but when I try to Pull the data from Insight Report I got an error on 2 DFM and one is working

Is that possible to insert more then one DFM ?

Here is the capture of the error:

We are running version 1.1.

Regards

Jerome

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jerome_barrelet

Finaly NetApp support found the problem, and they have done a Patch which correct my problem described on the original post.

For your information DFM 5.2 is supported with On Command Insight Report 1.1, and it supported to use multiple DFM.

Best regards

Jerome

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

yuvaraju

I would suggest you to open a NGS support case for this.

Also, there is a log collection tool on NetApp support site http://support.netapp.com/NOW/download/tools/ocr_logcollector/ This tool collects all relevant logs. Provide them with log zip file as well.

pavila

What version of OnCommand Unified Manager are you using?

jerome_barrelet

Hello,

We are using OnCommand Unified Manager 5.1 on Linux

Regards

jerome_barrelet

The support told us that Oncommand core version 5.1 is not supported in On Command Insight Report 1.1.

End of the story

pascalduk

According to the NetApp Interoperability matrix it is supported with Oncommand Core package 5.1 7-mode. Perhaps they are referring to the c-mode version of 5.1, which is not supported.

jerome_barrelet

yes, in the NetApp Interoperability matrix it show that is supported but on the

OnCommand Report Installation and Administration Guide.

the On Command 5.1 is not in the supported version

Requirement Description

Supported version

OnCommand Report supports DataFabric Manager server 4.0, 4.0.1, 5.0, 5.0.1,5.0.2.

pascalduk

Maybe because OnCommand Core 5.1 was released after OnCommand Report 1.1 (October vs September 2012) and therefore the Report 1.1 release notes do not mention Core 5.1?

jerome_barrelet

I've asked the support to give us an explanation

thanks for your research

Jerome

pascalduk

I am also curious because it is my intention to setup the same combo in the next few weeks, because of a migration to Core 5.1 7-mode.

pascalduk

Since I already had the new Core 5.1 server installed I added a test filer to the monitoring and pulled the data to Report 1.1 server. The poll and etl build were successful! But in this quick test I did not have multiple "DFM" servers.

pavila

Everyone needs to remember that OnCommand Insight Report (OCIR) and OnCommand Report (OCR) are 2 very different & distinct reporting applications. I use OnCommand Unified Manager - OCUM - (previously called DFM) 5.1 and can readily use OCR with it to create a report with just about anything I want EXCEPT those relating to snapmirror and snapvault because OCR does not have the ability to read the tables. However, OCIR does not work with OCUM. My OCUM version is 5.1.0.15008 (5.1)

pascalduk

Different and distinct? OCR is just a newer version of OCIR that has been rebranded.

cjohnson

The interoperability matrix is correct, the pdf is dated.  OCR 1.1 works with DFM 5.1 7-mode.  DFM 5.x clustered ONTAP is not compatible. I recently investigated the correct compatibility for a customer.  I have not investigated the many to one, but it should work.  Have you tried each DFM individually? (ie: remove the other two connections)

jerome_barrelet

Finaly NetApp support found the problem, and they have done a Patch which correct my problem described on the original post.

For your information DFM 5.2 is supported with On Command Insight Report 1.1, and it supported to use multiple DFM.

Best regards

Jerome

Public