Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Nabox for 7-mode: lack of volumes and aggregates percent utilization

peter_net

Hello,

I'm trying to find some graphs for volumes and aggregates percent utilization for netapp 7-mode ( 8.2.4P5-7)

For c-mode all works ok for me, including graphs for volumes and aggregates percent utilization.  For 7-mode also i see a lot stats and graphs but not volumes and aggregates percent utilization. It this limitation of this version of Nabox/harvest? NAbox upgrade should help here?

Probably OID section responsible for that part is here: .1.3.6.1.4.1.789.1.5.4.1.6

NAbox 2.4.2 (2017-12-28), same problem with NAbox 2.5.1 (2019-09-08).
NMSDK 9.3.
Harvest 1.4.1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yannb

Unfortunately, capacity informations are not available for 7-mode.

The reason is that NetApp Harvest is not compatible with older versions of OCUM. Capacity informations are always collected against OCUM / AIQUM.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

yannb

Unfortunately, capacity informations are not available for 7-mode.

The reason is that NetApp Harvest is not compatible with older versions of OCUM. Capacity informations are always collected against OCUM / AIQUM.

peter_net

thanks for replay,

Is there any way to add some id tree manually to harvest?

I see all aggregates and volumes name in this tree:  1.3.6.1.4.1.789.1.5.4.1.2.[X]

and corresponding percentage value are here: 1.3.6.1.4.1.789.1.5.4.1.6.[Y]

can i combine both "tables" in harvest and have custom panels/graphs in graphite/nabox? 

br

Petr

yannb

Sorry I forgot to react to that part of your question. Netapp Harvest doesn’t use SNMP to fetch data, but direct ZAPI calls. But you’re certainly free to do so. 

peter_net

i have simple script in bash where as output i can have for example:

[test]# ./netapp

number volume_name percentage_utilization
1 "aggr0_netapp_old" 53
2 "aggr0_netapp_old/.snapshot" 12
3 "/vol/vol0/" 6
4 "/vol/vol0/.snapshot" 4
5 "/vol/ProgramCluster_01_netapp_old_vol/" 10

Is there any way to insert these data into harvest/graphite and create panel, alerts etc ? 

yannb

Well done, yes you can totally use that with Harvest.

it might be a little bit challenging and might require some manual integration with NAbox, but latest version starts to implement the configuration of harvest « extensions ». That’s a mechanism described in harvest install guide, that let you do exactly what you’re trying to do. Once you have refactored you’re code as a Harvest extension we can work on the NAbox part !

Public