Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Nabox for 7-mode: lack of volumes and aggregates percent utilization

peter_net

Hello,

I'm trying to find some graphs for volumes and aggregates percent utilization for netapp 7-mode ( 8.2.4P5-7)

For c-mode all works ok for me, including graphs for volumes and aggregates percent utilization.  For 7-mode also i see a lot stats and graphs but not volumes and aggregates percent utilization. It this limitation of this version of Nabox/harvest? NAbox upgrade should help here?

Probably OID section responsible for that part is here: .1.3.6.1.4.1.789.1.5.4.1.6

NAbox 2.4.2 (2017-12-28), same problem with NAbox 2.5.1 (2019-09-08).
NMSDK 9.3.
Harvest 1.4.1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yannb

Unfortunately, capacity informations are not available for 7-mode.

The reason is that NetApp Harvest is not compatible with older versions of OCUM. Capacity informations are always collected against OCUM / AIQUM.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

yannb

Unfortunately, capacity informations are not available for 7-mode.

The reason is that NetApp Harvest is not compatible with older versions of OCUM. Capacity informations are always collected against OCUM / AIQUM.

View solution in original post

peter_net

i have simple script in bash where as output i can have for example:

[test]# ./netapp

number volume_name percentage_utilization
1 "aggr0_netapp_old" 53
2 "aggr0_netapp_old/.snapshot" 12
3 "/vol/vol0/" 6
4 "/vol/vol0/.snapshot" 4
5 "/vol/ProgramCluster_01_netapp_old_vol/" 10

Is there any way to insert these data into harvest/graphite and create panel, alerts etc ? 

yannb

Well done, yes you can totally use that with Harvest.

it might be a little bit challenging and might require some manual integration with NAbox, but latest version starts to implement the configuration of harvest « extensions ». That’s a mechanism described in harvest install guide, that let you do exactly what you’re trying to do. Once you have refactored you’re code as a Harvest extension we can work on the NAbox part !

peter_net

thanks for replay,

Is there any way to add some id tree manually to harvest?

I see all aggregates and volumes name in this tree:  1.3.6.1.4.1.789.1.5.4.1.2.[X]

and corresponding percentage value are here: 1.3.6.1.4.1.789.1.5.4.1.6.[Y]

can i combine both "tables" in harvest and have custom panels/graphs in graphite/nabox? 

br

Petr

yannb

Sorry I forgot to react to that part of your question. Netapp Harvest doesn’t use SNMP to fetch data, but direct ZAPI calls. But you’re certainly free to do so. 

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

Public