Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Nonconformant Datasets - Redundant relationships found - How do you clean up?

RchdAndrsn

Hi All,

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this question. I am pretty new to NetApp and have inherited an environment with a few issues that I am trying to resolve. I have done well so far and only have one remaining issue outstanding. This regards redundant (identical apart from object ID) relationships within a dataset.

I have a couple of datasets that are in a non-conformant state. Both have redundant relationships and the suggestion is to "Cleanup redundant relationships".

I have identified the objectID of the redundant relationship, however the remainder of the object is identical to another relationship (priHostId, priVolId, priQtreeId, secHostId, secVolId and secQtreeId). Therefore I cannot simply remove the relationship using "dfpm dataset remove <dataset id> <object name>"

I have tried specifying the <object id> of the redundant relationship, yet the error message states that there is not an object of name "<relationship object id>" within the dataset. Well, of course this would be the case, as I specified an object id......

I know a couple of people have experienced this issue before, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions as to how to remove a relationship from a dataset using the object ID?

The version of dfpm (OCUM) I have is 5.2.1.

I already have an open support case, but I am not having much luck with support at the moment, so I thought I would ask the wider community.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Richard

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public