Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OCI 7.3.1 Java authentication not working after upgrade

Don_Childers

Hello all, I have an open support ticket on this but wanted to ask in the forum if anyone has seen what we are experiencing.

After we upgraded to OCI 7.3.1 (444) we can no longer log into the Java interface using the "admin" account with the default password. I get the error "Incorrect user name or password". I've tried on multiple machines including the OCI server itself. However, we can log into OCI itself with "admin" and the default password (and any other local or LDAP account). So it seems to be something going on with Java authentication. I can't log into Java with any local OCI account that I have.

Anyone seen this or know how to fix it?

Thanks. --Don

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kylekunz

Hey Don,

Did you get a chance to run through the 7.3.1 release notes? https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMLP2652943 

Here's a section from the release notes that may help..

Java client restriction: When upgrading from an older version of Insight to version 7.3.1, you must delete the client.truststore file in the user directory on the client machine before launching the Java client. Failing to do this will result in failure during login to the Java client.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Kyle 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

moechnig

I haven't seen that problem before, so this is a guess.  If you haven't, clear the Java cache on the system where you're running the client.  Problems sometimes arise after upgrade if the Java cache has not been cleared. 

Don_Childers

Thanks, but I tried that. I even uninstalled and reinstalled Java on one machine. No effect. I still get denied on the Java login. --Don

kylekunz

Hey Don,

Did you get a chance to run through the 7.3.1 release notes? https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMLP2652943 

Here's a section from the release notes that may help..

Java client restriction: When upgrading from an older version of Insight to version 7.3.1, you must delete the client.truststore file in the user directory on the client machine before launching the Java client. Failing to do this will result in failure during login to the Java client.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Kyle 

Don_Childers

That was it. You are the man, Kyle. I usually go through the upgrade docs in detail but I completely missed that. That worked great and I really appreciate it. I can go close that support case.

Thanks again! --Don

Public