Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OCI Connect API: cannot delete Business Entities or Applications

ROBTCALLAHAN

Hi,

I've been working with the OCI Connect API in an effort to synchronize with our ServiceNow CMDB.

Our CMDB contains hosts and their relationship to Business Services and Subsystems.

We are going to map our CMDB Business Services to OCI Business Entities and CMDB Subsystems

to OCI Applications.

The problem I have is that there is no way to delete a Business Entity or Application once it is created.

This means that the number of BEs and Apps will continue to increase over time as more are

created or changed in our CMDB.

Why are we prevented from deleting these objects?

Rob

7 REPLIES 7

ostiguy

Hey Rob,

Are you able to delete them from the OCI client? Just trying to make sure that the problem is that you cannot delete them via the API. I am not sure if that is a known limitation or not.

Thanks

Matt

ROBTCALLAHAN

Matt,

The Business Entity and Application object cannot be deleted either from the client or the API.

It is unclear to me why this function is not available. I think that it should be.

Rob

ostiguy

I know in 6.4.0, you can delete them through the "Set Applications" -> "Manage Applications" settings. If you are not running 6.4.0, you may want to plan an upgrade to 6.4.1 which is due on support.netapp.com next week

jerome_barrelet

Hello,

We have the same case, impossible to delete Business Entity.

Can you confirm that the version 6.4.1 fix the problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Jerome

ostiguy

Hey Jerome,

This should work on all 6.4.x versions. What are you running today?

jerome_barrelet

Hello,

We are running 6.4, I have found this correctif bug in 6.4.1 :

1002 When deleting a business entity, the tenant in the entity was not removed. A

SQL command is now available to remove the remaining tenant.

I will try to update.

Jerome

jerome_barrelet

I confirm the patch 6.4.1 Fix the problem

regards

Public