If you missed the pre-registration for NetApp MS Azure AD B2C, the new login prompt will offer the option to register. Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OCUM 6.4 on RHEL install fails with a postinstall scriptlet failure for ocie-serverbase package

renton

Hi Guys,

I'm attempting to install OCUM 6.4P1 on RHEL 6.7.

The pre_install_check.sh script executes without any issues. My host meets the requirements shown in the Installation and Setup Guide. I can install OCUM 6.3 without any issues.

My problem happens when I get to installation of the ocie-serverbase-1.3.0-2016.05.2052.x86_64 package. The postinstall script fails with an exit status 255, which corresponds to an "exit -1" in the postinstall script.

Actual error message:

warning: %post(ocie-serverbase-1.3.0-2016.05.2052.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 255

Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure in rpm package ocie-serverbase-1.3.0-2016.05.2052.x86_64

FAILURE: ocie-serverbase package installed, but in corrupt state.

I have attached the postinstall script which I extracted from the rpm.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

Cheers, Renton.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

renton

Ok, managed to figure this one out myself. It was permissions on /opt/netapp/data

I had 755 on /opt and /opt/netapp/data, but had 700 on /opt/netapp.

Set permissions to 755 on /opt/netapp and then all packages installed correctly 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

renton

Ok, managed to figure this one out myself. It was permissions on /opt/netapp/data

I had 755 on /opt and /opt/netapp/data, but had 700 on /opt/netapp.

Set permissions to 755 on /opt/netapp and then all packages installed correctly 🙂

View solution in original post

chao

Thanks a lot. Will check them

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public