Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommand System Manager 2.1 is now Available

amritad

Hi,

OnCommand System Manager 2.1 is available on the support site.New features such as support for Flash Pools, Infinite Volumes, and multi-disk carrier disk shelves are included in this release. System Manager 2.1 also corrects a potential data availability issue that affected the network module in System Manager 2.0.1. The list of incremental bug fixes included in System Manager 2.1 is available here :

https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_get_file/ECMP1120619

Customers using older versions of System Manager are recommended to download and install the new OnCommand System Manager 2.1 from the support site. We've also heard some complaints on performance and we have tried to address issues in this release.

In case there are any questions or issues please reach out to me directly at amrita.das@netapp.com.

Thanks for your support and let us know your feedback.

Regards

Amrita

41 REPLIES 41

aborzenkov

Does it support “server mode” - i.e. access to OCSM from remote computer? It was mentioned in the past that this feature was planned.

aborzenkov

Looks much more responsive than 2.0.2 (even after hostname resolution workaround). Also supports update. Congratulations!

One comment. Going into network configuration I get “/etc/rc entries are not in correct order, changing configuration disabled”. Well, I would expect OCSM to fix it for me; requiring user to manually edit it just opens up yet another possibility for “human factor” …

aborzenkov

Just noticed that protocol latency legend is wrong. It says “No. of ops in millisecs” which makes no sense. I do not remember whether it was the same in 2.0.x.

amritad

Thank you for the feedback. Let us take a look at this and get back to you.

Regards

Amrita

storagedp

Same question about "server mode". It would be very helpful to be able to access the web interface from a remote client without installing the software on it

RULLMAN84

Anybody receive the following error message when launching the system manager?

OnCommand System Manager is accessed by another client. OnCommand System Manager is locked to single client for security reason.

amritad

Hi,

Could you try uninstall and re-install? I'm wondering if its because of some old files. Is anyone else hitting this?

Regards

Amrita

bazmercer

after uninstalling it to put the old version on, I'm hitting this now. Complete uninstall and reinstall hasn't fixed it. I presume there's a lock file somewhere.... Can you tell me where?

karthikv

There is no lock file that System Manager uses. It is  only that there will be some background instance of browser or java process running which is preventing the launch of SM

If you cleanup browser instance and java instance, it should work

Option 1: From task manager in Windows, kill all java processes; Kill all browser instances; re-launch SM

Option 2: From task manager in Windows, kill all java processes; Kill all browser instances; Uninstall SM; Re-install SM

Option 3: Uninstall SM; Delete residual file and directory in the install path;Reboot machine; Re-install SM

Regards,

Karthik

GRIMSTONER

Hi... is there any way we can debug this issue? I've tried all three steps, but still get that error.

I was thinking it may be something with IE10... how can I start SM in a different browser?

Running Windows 8, IE10.

Complete error message :

OnCommand System Manager is accessed by another client. OnCommand System Manager is locked to single client for security reason.

Error details:

No details are available.

Following details can be copied to the clipboard :

==ERROR==

java.lang.Throwable

==TIME==

2013-02-13 10:38:33,679

==MESSAGE==

==DETAILS==

No details are available.

==CORRECTIVE ACTION==

No suggested corrective action is available.

==LOCATION==

Location is not specified.

==BROWSER INFO==

App Name: Microsoft Internet Explorer

App Version: 5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; Trident/6.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Zune 4.7; BRI/2)

App Codename: Mozilla

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; Trident/6.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Zune 4.7; BRI/2)

Platform: Win32

Cookie Enabled: true

NIMIT_INS

For IE 10, you have to change a Privacy setting.

Go to Internet options

Choose Privacy Tab.

In Location Topic, unchecked Never allow websites to request your physical location.

GRIMSTONER

Ok, I seem to have found the issue. Somewhere.

Killed all browser processes. Killed all java processes. Opened Java control panel, and :

• Cleared the Temporary Internet Files... everything
  • Turned on tracing, logging, and the console window under Debug in the Advanced tab
  • Turned on Show Console in the Advanced tab

After that, it worked.

Andre_Clark

Amrita,

Is there an OS X build yet?

amritad

Andre_Clark

Thank you!

Is work still going on with the Beta that gives more control over vFiler management and SnapVault?  Also, I think I ran into a bug the other day with version 2.0.2 at a client.  I was trying to setup a QSM of a SLC system and it failed.  Both the source and target systems were running ONTAP 8.1.1P2.  64b aggregates and both source and destination aggregates were SLC.  When I used the wizard to create the relationship I got the following:

The source volume is a SLC volume.  I was able to create the QSM from the CLI and then was able to manage it fine but this was strange.

Regards,

Andre

amritad

Our team's taking a look at this. But just to confirm the behavior the cli allows creation for the exact same conditions but in SM you ran into this error? In case we need more data we'll reach out to you.

Regards

Amrita

maliu

From the release notes, we can't manage older storage systems with earlier version of ontap below 7.3.7 .

bazmercer

yeah, I'm having to uninstall it and put 2.0.2 back on as I didn't read them

Andre_Clark

Amrita,

Yes, I was able to create the QSM via CLI but was not able to do it via SM.

DAMIENKUSIOR

Hello,

Where can I download this new version please?

Thank you

Public