Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommand Unified Manager 6.2 Remote Authentication

MDeckard

I am working on adding a remote authentication source for the On Command Unified Manager 6.2 ova virtual edition, and the OnCommand Performance Manager 1.1 virtual edition.

I can add the remote autication source back to the Microsoft Active Directory with a user that does not have domain admin rights, but has rights to query the AD for user authentication.  I can add users from the AD remote authtication source, but when I attempt to login, I get an authtication failure.  when I try to use the test feature, I get a generic authication user error and no return information for the user lookup.

I have read and re-read all of the currently documentation, but it give not information of the permissions needed to AD for remote authentication other than Administrator.

Does anyone happen to know to enable AD authentication of exactly what AD credentials are needed to enable remote authentication of AD users/groups on the Unified Manager and the Performance Manager servers?

Thank you,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2

MDeckard

lancesimpson

Thank you for taking the time to post and follow up. I was able to solve my LDAP issue using this Bug workaround as well.

Public