Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Ops Manager reports non-zip attachments possible?

dwarburton

I've been setting up some scheduled alerts via Ops Manager. Everything that comes through, regardless of the format (text, xls, html) is always sent as a zipped attachment.

Is there any way to get Ops Manager to send the files unzipped or even in the body of the message?

Failing that, does anyone know of any way to sent multiple reports in one email [attachment]?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adaikkap

The Answer is no.One possible way is access the reports from the reports archive directory, and have the location of the same to a web server instead of the default location.

[root@lnx ~]# dfm options list reportsArchiveDir
Option            Value
----------------- ------------------------------
reportsArchiveDir /opt/NTAPdfm/reports/
[root@lnx ~]#

There are few customers cribbing about the same.There are plans to change it.

Regards

adai

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

adaikkap

The Answer is no.One possible way is access the reports from the reports archive directory, and have the location of the same to a web server instead of the default location.

[root@lnx ~]# dfm options list reportsArchiveDir
Option            Value
----------------- ------------------------------
reportsArchiveDir /opt/NTAPdfm/reports/
[root@lnx ~]#

There are few customers cribbing about the same.There are plans to change it.

Regards

adai

dwarburton

Thanks Adai. Glad there are plans to change it, but in the mean time being able to access them directly is almost as good

Trace3TimAbbott

I have the same need. Do you know when this will get changed?

Or can I at least change the filename so it doesn't store it as a zip file. I have a virus scan that I can't change and it blocks ZIP attachments. I'd like to have it not add the file extension and then I can just add it when I get the email.

Thanks,

timothy

adaikkap

The change is around the corner, you should see this in the coming release of OnCommand.

Regards

adai

kprescott

Adai -

Do you know if this was implemented?  I have upgraded our DFM to OnCommand 5.0 which looks like it has a lot of new functionality, however the underlying Operations Manager components, particularly the reports look the same, even untouched.  I don't see any configuration options to specify the delivery of reports in an unzipped format.  Any idea how to implement what David asked about?

Thanks,

--Kevin

adaikkap

Hi Kevin,

The new reports under the REPORTS tab support the  new format of PDF. Below is the screenshot of the same attached.

Also you can export the content of the Report

Regards

adai

tomlee

Hi Adai,

What version of OPS manager did you take the screenshot ?

I'm running 4.0.2 and it look different.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Tom

KENTDANNEHL

I can see .pdf as an option, but that doesn't fix the zipped problem. Often we need to access the reports via email on a smartphone. What is needed is somethign that is not zipped at all, e.g. a plain text report in an email.  It could be any type of file...so long as it is not a zipped attachment.

Is that planned.?

Thanks

Kent

Public