Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Protection Manager: How to delete Snapmirror/Vault Secondary Volumes/Qtr. once Protection Policy ist removed direct from dfpm ?

hondasuschi

Problem is with DPM, once created a Protection Policy (doesn't matter which one vault/mirror) if you want to whip out secondary vols/trees you need to select "no Protection Policy" and later to clean up  Manually all Snapmirror relation-Ships ev. Deleting snapmirror.conf (destination) and so on. At least I don’t know another way.  Especially while testing huge work. Why there is not a command like  >dfpm relationship delete which removes secondary trees/vols ?  Does anybody has any idea how to wipe out undesired old snap vault/mirrors- targets without to use ontapp systems direct from dfpm ?  Thank for help

2 REPLIES 2

adaikkap

Hi Juerg,

When delete the dataset, automatically the secondary volume are deleted. Or if you remove a secondary volume or qtree from a dataset after 2 hour ( thats when the reaper kicks in) it gets deleted.

Pls find attached a detailed doc on how relationships are deleted.

hondasuschi
Many Thanks, very qualified answer! Perfect working now with dpReaperInterval=1minute and Orphaned.
But was quite surprised when I used dpdpReaperInterval=1minute with "automatic" old mirrors retations-ships where not deleted. Only after changing back to Orphan, may I overlooked time settings an needed to wait more time.
Did I understand right, secondary volumes which are not part anymore of Datasets,  however never deleted ?
Other remarques: Why Volumes once in Datasets are not 100% cleanuped, means they stay internelly in Sybase DB
when you delete Datasets and all Volumes. Why we need to clean up manually with
dfm volume delete -f {ID of volume} z.B dfm volume delete -f all
I mean, if Operator is realing delting resources then sould be wipped out and not if you recreate that volumes are created with volume_1...volume_2.. etc.
May would be good to change that in code thate delete is really delete.
But many thanks
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public