Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Provisionning error while trying to configure a dataset with a mirror policy

yannick_n

Hello,

I am trying to setup a replication policy for four volumes.

I have configured a provisionning policy.

All is ok for two volumes but for the other two I have an error of sizing for the destination volume.

I don't understand why because a provisionning policy is in place and all is ok for two of my four volumes.

Here is the log of the check conformance tab :

Conformance Results

=== SEVERITY ===
Information: Successfully provisioned flexible volume for volume mirror destination volume name: backup_vol_esx_ds3_dr size: 2.58 TB on storage system: FASPRA02
=== ACTION ===
Provision flexible volume (volume mirror destination) of size 2.58 TB

=== SEVERITY ===
Information: Successfully provisioned flexible volume for volume mirror destination volume name: backup_vol_esx_ds4_dr size: 3.50 TB on storage system: FASPRA02
=== ACTION ===
Provision flexible volume (volume mirror destination) of size 3.50 TB

=== SEVERITY ===
Error:  Failed to create relationship : source:FAS02:/backup_vol_esx_ds3 destination: FASPRA02:/backup_vol_esx_ds3_dr
=== ACTION ===
Create Relationship : source:FAS02:/backup_vol_esx_ds3 destination: FASPRA02:/backup_vol_esx_ds3_dr
=== REASON ===
- FASPRA02.abw.lan: destination volume too small; it must be equal to or larger than the source volume
- FAS02:/backup_vol_esx_ds3: Error creating relationship to FASPRA02:/backup_vol_esx_ds3_dr.

=== SEVERITY ===
Error:  Failed to delete relationship
=== ACTION ===
Delete relationship
=== REASON ===
- Mirror_backup_to_PRA: Could not register backup version.

=== SEVERITY ===
Error:  Failed to create relationship : source:FAS02:/backup_vol_esx_ds4 destination: FASPRA02:/backup_vol_esx_ds4_dr
=== ACTION ===
Create Relationship : source:FAS02:/backup_vol_esx_ds4 destination: FASPRA02:/backup_vol_esx_ds4_dr
=== REASON ===
- FASPRA02.abw.lan: destination volume too small; it must be equal to or larger than the source volume
- FAS02:/backup_vol_esx_ds4: Error creating relationship to FASPRA02:/backup_vol_esx_ds4_dr.

=== SEVERITY ===
Error:  Failed to delete relationship
=== ACTION ===
Delete relationship
=== REASON ===
- Mirror_backup_to_PRA: Could not register backup version.

=== SEVERITY ===
Information: Successfully destroyed provisioned Flexible volume 'FASPRA02:/backup_vol_esx_ds4_dr'(1069) as part of rollback operation.
=== ACTION ===
ROLL BACK: Provision flexible volume (volume mirror destination) of size 3.50 TB

=== SEVERITY ===
Information: Successfully destroyed provisioned Flexible volume 'FASPRA02:/backup_vol_esx_ds3_dr'(1066) as part of rollback operation.
=== ACTION ===
ROLL BACK: Provision flexible volume (volume mirror destination) of size 2.58 TB

Can you please help me to find a solution.

Thank you in advance.

Yannick.

2 REPLIES 2

adaikkap

Hi,

What is the version of OCUM that you are running ?

Is this dataset using simple mirror policy or back then mirror policy ?

Is autogrow enabled on the source volume ?

I think you are hitting this known issue bug 677951

Pls open a case with NetApp Support and add it to this issue.

Regards

adai

yannick_n

For workaround I have manualy created the destination SnapMirror, then initialized it and import it to my dataset...

But this way automatic resizing will not work.

I have seen another issue, a volume which was provisionned automaticaly in this Dataset was become larger and then the snapmirror stoped with a destination to small error...

So I have manually extend the volume with vol size command...

Is volume secondary sizing working in this version ? I checked the option and it is enabled.

Thank for your help.

Yannick.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public