Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Putting a volume or qtree into DFM groups from WFA?

waynesilvia

Has anyone attempted to add a volume and or qtree to a DFM group via WFA?  I have an existing workflow that creates a volume and tree and would like to be able to put them into existing groups in oncommand/DFM 5.2 (cluster Mode).  If you have done it for 5.2 (7-mode) that would also be useful for different workflows.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

abhit

Hi:

Can you please try this command. This is a certified command shipped with WFA:

"Add member to resource group"

This adds a member to a group on the target DataFabric Manager server.

If either a member or group name is specified and not the id, the name must be fully qualified.

Regards

Abhi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

abhit

Hi:

Can you please try this command. This is a certified command shipped with WFA:

"Add member to resource group"

This adds a member to a group on the target DataFabric Manager server.

If either a member or group name is specified and not the id, the name must be fully qualified.

Regards

Abhi

waynesilvia

Thank you pointing this out...I did a quick test workflow and it did appear to move it to the group.  WFA has it under Storage not CM_Storage..so I missed it.  Very happy it worked.

adaikkap

Does it help if it's moved to a different schema like manageability instead of the storage and cm_storage?

waynesilvia

Yes if there were commands that truly spanned storage and cm_storage or did not really apply to either of those.  If there was a manageability schema with additional commands and sample workflows that would help.  I would love to see more DFM oncommand command examples as certified commands.

Public