Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Putting a volume or qtree into DFM groups from WFA?

waynesilvia

Has anyone attempted to add a volume and or qtree to a DFM group via WFA?  I have an existing workflow that creates a volume and tree and would like to be able to put them into existing groups in oncommand/DFM 5.2 (cluster Mode).  If you have done it for 5.2 (7-mode) that would also be useful for different workflows.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

abhit

Hi:

Can you please try this command. This is a certified command shipped with WFA:

"Add member to resource group"

This adds a member to a group on the target DataFabric Manager server.

If either a member or group name is specified and not the id, the name must be fully qualified.

Regards

Abhi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

abhit

Hi:

Can you please try this command. This is a certified command shipped with WFA:

"Add member to resource group"

This adds a member to a group on the target DataFabric Manager server.

If either a member or group name is specified and not the id, the name must be fully qualified.

Regards

Abhi

View solution in original post

waynesilvia

Thank you pointing this out...I did a quick test workflow and it did appear to move it to the group.  WFA has it under Storage not CM_Storage..so I missed it.  Very happy it worked.

adaikkap

Does it help if it's moved to a different schema like manageability instead of the storage and cm_storage?

waynesilvia

Yes if there were commands that truly spanned storage and cm_storage or did not really apply to either of those.  If there was a manageability schema with additional commands and sample workflows that would help.  I would love to see more DFM oncommand command examples as certified commands.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public