The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to register at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

QUESTION - The minimum RBAC configuration of capabilities for OnCmd / Perf Advisor to use

ESYNODINOS

Hello

I am working on a customer deployment for OnCommand UM v 5.1 with Perform Advisor

Right now we are using the filer's ROOT account to run DFM initially but we need to use a user that can be used with DFM for all its monitoring functions but not be allowed to send commands to the filer through the "Run a Command" feature to say ... "halt" a filer.

Based on this article - https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=1011412&locale=en_US we tried the 8.0.3 ( we are on 8.1.2 ) and the list of capabilities there seems not to be enough ( Perf Advisor was RED - unable to collect, even though DFM HOST DIAG was 100% pass ).  Once we used root, we can collect performance data.

Is there a well known set of capabilities DFM needs or is a pre-defined role good enough, like Power User?

We are looking at the roles more carefully but I wanted to start a conversation here.

Thanks, Emanuel

1 REPLY 1

JAROSLAWZAKRZEWSKI

You are not only one whit this problem. Can NetApp support anwser this question?

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public