Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Query on reports?

sunilyadav

Hi,

1. I am creating report to list down storage systems connected to servers along with their HBA details like manufacturer, model, driver, firmware. But I see some empty fields in model where manufacturer is emulex. I am specially looking for models NCxxxx because they are causing some problem but none of the Emulex shows NCxxxx model. Why?

2. I wanted to generate report for Netapp vfilers like no. of vfilers in a system, allocated and consumed capacity along with other details. But I couldn't track the vfilers related info in report studio or anywhere in pre-defined reports. Any help?

1 REPLY 1

ostiguy

There is no industry standard for who reports what to the FC Name Server, so OCI makes a best effort attempt to parse that which is reported as HBA model/firmware/driver/vendor.

You may have a specific hba driver + OS permutation that does not report anything usable to the FCNS, or does not report model.

I know HPUX never reports anything useful for HBA information, so OCI cannot report any of this info for HPUX servers.

Vfiler - OCI knows vfiler as an attribute on an internal volume (flexvol), but does not model the vfiler as an object in and of itself.

In your environment, is there a 1:1 relationship between flexvols and vfilers?

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public