Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Snapvault qtree move

1VINAYKUMAR

Hi Guys,

I have a volume with 2 qtree and the qtree is a destination of snapvault because of the the space issue is it possible if i can move the qtree to another aggregate in the same 7 mode filer. if it is possible then how i can proceed to do this task.

regards

VK

5 REPLIES 5

Sahana

Hi,

Yes it is possible. refer page 171: Migrating between two volumes on one secondary storage system in Open Systems SnapVault® 3.0.1 Installation and Administration Guide

Also refer KB 1010804 How to move a destination Qtree SnapMirror or SnapVault from one volume to another without requiring a new baseline transfer between primary and secondary.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

1VINAYKUMAR

Hi Sahana,

the KB refers to conversion of traditional volume to flexible snapvault volume. where as my requirement is to move the snapvault destination qtree to another aggregate within the same filer and re-establish the snapvault relationship.

since we have a qtree to qtree snapvault relationship from primary filer to the secondary filer and because of the space issue on the current aggregate holding the qtree, we have plan to move it to another aggregate on the same filer.

regards

VK

Sahana
Refer page 171: Migrating between two volumes on one secondary storage system in Open Systems SnapVault® 3.0.1 Installation and Administration Guide
If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

1VINAYKUMAR
Hi Sahana,

But i am not using Ossv, that document is purly based on Ossv.

Regards
VK

naren_s

Hi Vinay,

I think you cannot move out a single qtree from destination snapvaulted volume. You can mirror out entire volume to another aggregate.

There were few similar discussions few years back. I could find only one of them for your reference.

http://community.netapp.com/t5/Data-ONTAP-Discussions/moving-a-snapvault-qtree-to-a-new-volume-with-free-space/td-p/54952

Regards

Naren

Public