Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Snapvault snapshots issue

NAYABSK

Hi All,

I am facing an issue i have established a snapvault relationship and scheduled it to happen weekly but when i see in the snap list i was able to see daily as well as hourly snapshots also , Can anybody help me to sort this out ??

Thanks,

Nayab

21 REPLIES 21

scottgelb

It sounds like you are running both schedulers...the snapshot and snapvault scheduler.  Both are supported but most turn off regular snaps.  "snap sched" will show the schedule and "snapvault snap sched" will show the snapvault snap sched... "snap sched volname 0" will turn off the regular scheduler.

NAYABSK

Hi Scott,

I have already turn off the schedule for that particular volume as i can see the outcome of the command snap sched <vol-name> as "0 0 0".

Thanks,

Nayab

NAYABSK

Hi Ye,

filer3> snap sched windump

Volume windumo: 0 0 0

filer3> snapvault snap sched windump

create windump dfpm_base(WinDump_SV.10134)conn1 1@-@0

Thanks,

Nayab

scottgelb

They are probably old snaps from when the scheduler was on. What is the snap list volname output? The dates will show when created and them delete them with snap delete.

Sent from my iPhone 5

NAYABSK

I have already deleted the snapshots last friday but today again i can see hourly as well as daily snapshots

Thanks

Nayab

YEKYAWTHARMYINT

Hi Nayab,

Can you share the snap list output and snapvault snap sched output? It seems like you have both normal snapshot and snapvault snapshot. If you do not want it happened, you can turn normal snapshot off by 'snap sched <vol_name> 0' command?

Regards,

Ye

NAYABSK

Hi Ye,

I can see the snapshot schedule already unscheduled

Thanks

Nayab

YEKYAWTHARMYINT

Hi Nayab,

According to the picture, the hourly snapshots and daily snapshots are seem like created by protection manager or somethings like that. Do you have any NetApp protection manager software? I think you need to disable from that software.

Regards,

Ye

NAYABSK

Yes i have Operations manager and Oncommand System Manager will check and let you know

NAYABSK

I was able to find the unschedule option in Oncommand System Manager to the particular volume and unscheduled it but was not able to find it in Operations Manager , but i have made snap sched 0 0 0 from my filer will this not be updated in all the tool/softwares i am using ??? It should follow the filer only right ???

YEKYAWTHARMYINT

yes if it is the normal snapshot schedule. but your snapshot is not like normal snapshot. and it looks like from any other software like protection manager, snapmanager something like that. is there any other software for backup purpose or something like fro protection?

NAYABSK

Yeah the snapvault configured from Netapp DFM operation Manager , But don't know from where i will be able to unsched the snapshots.

NAYABSK

Hi Ye,

Have any idea where i will be able to find the vol sched option in the operations manager ??

YEKYAWTHARMYINT

Hi Nayab,

I am afraid that i do not have any idea about it, in fact I am not using operation manager and I am managing my storage via CLI only. Sry about that.

NAYABSK

Ok np but last week the volume went offline coz of vol become full of snapshots can please tell what should be the snap autodelete options to be set

state                           : on                                                                

commitment                      : try

trigger                         : volume

target_free_space               : 5%

delete_order                    : oldest_first

defer_delete                    : none

prefix                          : (not specified)

destroy_list                    : none   

(OR)

state                           : on

commitment                      : destroy

trigger                         : volume

target_free_space               : 5%

delete_order                    : oldest_first

defer_delete                    : user_created

prefix                          : (not specified)

destroy_list                    : lun_clone,vol_clone,cifs_share

YEKYAWTHARMYINT

Hi Nayab,

i would suggest autogrowth instead autodelete if you can cater more space. Another options is change the snap reserve % to bigger value to avoid data space was taken by snasphot. For snap auotdelete options, it's really depends on your environment needs. You can reference to the Data_ONTAP_82_Commands_Manual_Page_Reference pdf file that you can download from NetApp website.

Regards,

Ye

NAYABSK

Cannot set AUTOGROW on as we have space constrains have to maintain like this until our new disk shelf's arrive may b next month

YEKYAWTHARMYINT

Hi Nayab,

Back to your initail problem to disable the snasphot, do your environment has a server with hostname zsswnetp3 ? Is it your NetApp filer?

Regards,

Ye

NAYABSK

yes

YEKYAWTHARMYINT

According to your snap list picture, this server is source for hourly and daily snapshot.

Public