Community maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience!

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Storage reporting

LARS_SKOV

I'm trying to setup storage reporting, and for that NetApp recommended the Oncommand Reporting server, but I have a hard time figuring out how to build reports that shows trends and capacity development. The IBM cognos tools that OCR builds on has that functionality, by for some reason I can't get the the analyze part and when I click on the Author business reports icon on the welcome page I get a new browser window, that is blank.

I have read in more threads in this community that OCR is a point in time tool, but I can't believe that's right. Why would you implement a reporting server without the capability to do reporting on historical data too. If I have to put in another tool for the historical reporting, I would rather select a third party tool, that can do both.

Hope someone can help me out here.

1 REPLY 1

alissa

Hi Lars,

What you've read in the threads is correct. OnCommand Report is a point in time tool and doesn't report on historical data. If you're looking for a tool that can do reporting and on historical data, check out OnCommand Insight. Insight has a more advanced reporting tool that provides information on capacity planning, chargeback and show back and much more.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public