Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Synchronous Snapmirror license required on storage system

fletch2007

I'm getting this error during the vFiler migration pre-flight checks:

Conformance Results

=== SEVERITY ===

Error:    Synchronous Snapmirror license required  on storage system 'na01'(151) for Automated Online Migration.

=== REASON ===

Migration not supported (Error 23509)

=== SUGGESTION ===

No suggested corrective action is available.

Snapmirror is licensed on na01 and snapmirror_sync shows ENABLED

I did a dfm host discover na01 in case it was a stale DFM DB issue - no change

thanks for any tips!

2 REPLIES 2

NULLGENOME

finally got the thing stop reporting a licensing issue.

I had to upgrade DFM/Ops Mgr/OnCommand Unified Manager to 5.3, the Management console to 3.3 and then install separately the plugin for 8.2 from here:

http://support.netapp.com/NOW/download/software/ontap/8.2/dfm_plugin.shtml

Even though the release notes state that 5.3 now supports the licensing changes to ONTAP 8.2 it didn't. Once the plugin was installed and I refreshed the system via Ops Mgr the Management console correctly reported the 8.2 systems' licensing. However it failed on something else, differing disk types ATA to FSAS.

In the end I pre-created the required vols on target system, didn't restrict them and then ran:

vfiler migrate -l root:<p/w> -c secure <source vfiler>@<source filer>

this worked even with an open file and a script constantly writing to a 3GB file @ 120MB/s so as long as the NFS timeouts are long enough (we're NFS shop) there's just a pause rather than and down time

NULLGENOME

I'm testing vfiler migrations as well on 8.2 and getting the same error. I've found a couple of mentions that even though sync and semi sync snapmirror are included in the snapmirror license you need to add a special free one. I found it here:

https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1217273/html/GUID-EA4A107F-469C-4FB3-8055-8D891CA4044F.html

but the license in the page isn't the right format for 8.2 so I'm going to raise a ticket with support

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public