The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to register at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

System Manager 2.2 requires 64-bit Java &

burndalerd

I'm trying to install System Manager 2.2 on a Windows 7 64 bit machine with only Java 32 bit installed and get a message "OnCommand System Manager requires a 64-bit Java 7 software. No 64-bit Java software detected".   The requirements only state that 32 bit Java is required.  Why do I get this message?

5 REPLIES 5

adm_gs00756

Hi,

pc whit Centos 6.5, I solved installing  jdk-7u51-linux-x64.rpm instead of  jre-7u51-linux-x64.rpm

after that, install System manager with:

yum install sysmgr*

my yum repo are:

adobe-linux-x86_64                         Adobe Systems Incorporated                                                  2

base                                       CentOS-6 - Base                                                         6,367

epel                                       Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 6 - x86_64                         10,523

extras                                     CentOS-6 - Extras                                                          14

updates                                    CentOS-6 - Updates                                                        569

regards

CHRISMAKI

There's a problem with the 64-bit online Java installer and you'll need to download the manual installer here:

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

That's what I did and it worked for me.

ricohsilicon

I was having a similar problem.  In my case I upgraded from Java 6 to Java 7 but the System Manager installer was still seeing Java 6 and throwing and error.  I followed Chris Maki's advice and tried the manual Java 7 installer, it worked fine and I was able to install System Manager.

gavin_meadows

are you opening it with a x64 internet browser -if so you will need to install 64-bit JRE

pedro_rocha

Hi,

Actually, the System Manager download page states the following:

"Installing 32-bit or 64-bit JRE depends on the operating system. If you have a 32-bit Windows operating system, 32-bit JRE must be installed. Similarly, if you have a 64-bit Windows operating system, 64-bit JRE must be installed."

Since you are running a 64-bit OS, you should install a 64-bit JRE.

Regards,

Pedro Rocha.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public