Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Unable to get parameter value added using Add-WorkflowParameter and Get-WorkflowParameter

Rutul

Unable to get the value using Add-Workflow Parameter and Get-WorkflowParameter wfa commands. 

In one of the command I used 

Add-WfaWorkflowParameter -Name "PolicyName" -Value $VserverName+"_ESX" -AddAsReturnParameter $true

And in other command I need this policy name value and I wrote 

$ExportPolicy=Get-WfaWorkflowParameter -Name "PolicyName"

But it is unable to get any value.

4 REPLIES 4

paragp

Rutul, these value are avaiable only when the worklfow is executing and not during preview of the workflow or planning. Also the command with "Get" should be after the command with "Add" in the workflow execution.I used the two lines you have mentioned in two different commands and can see that the value available in the second command.

Parag

Rutul

So you mean Both Add and Get commands should be used in single command and then i can use that in different command ? 

paragp

No, Add and Get are usually to be used in different commands. The only condition is that  the command with Add should be before the command with Get in the workflow. And you can see the values only when you execute the workflow.

Rutul

I got what you are saying . I have used the same way. But still it is throwing error as Could not get the value for parameter Policy Name 

Public