Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Upgraded WFA 4.0 to 4.2 and custom datasource failed

ninja

I just upgraded from WFA 4.0 to 4.2 and a custom datasource that was working started failing.

The file is in utf8 bom format and nothing changed since the upgrade with the datasource.

This is the error when the acquisition is done. I also tried a refresh schema and deleting the csv files and it errors out the same way.

Invalid utf8 character string: 'FG'

I also tried to delete the datasource and recreate it and still same error.

I looked through the file and it's delimited properly.

More Logs

2018-04-26 20:00:00,274 ERROR [com.netapp.wfa.cache.job.CacheJobExecutorImpl] (Thread-146 (HornetQ-client-global-threads-1768097467)) Failed running cache job - databases were dumped to D:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\jboss\standalone\tmp\wfa\localhost-wfa_staging#tiaa_domain-1639129095459153457.dump: javax.ejb.EJBException: com.netapp.wfa.util.SqlShellException: <localhost> Failed to load from 'D:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\jboss\standalone\tmp\wfa\domain_groups.csv' into wfa_staging.tiaa_domain_domain_groups

Caused by: org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.common.QueryException: Invalid utf8 character string: 'FG'
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

abhit

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40701422/how-to-bypass-invalid-utf8-character-string-in-mysql

Problem is because of mysql. It may be because of more stringent checks introduced in mysql.

For experiment, you can downgrade mysql as is told in the link.

Then we will be able to pin point the problem.

Regards

Abhi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

abhit

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40701422/how-to-bypass-invalid-utf8-character-string-in-mysql

Problem is because of mysql. It may be because of more stringent checks introduced in mysql.

For experiment, you can downgrade mysql as is told in the link.

Then we will be able to pin point the problem.

Regards

Abhi

ninja

Mirko answered this question privately.

Public