Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Virtual Machine Performance Report in DWH ?

DOMINIC32

Hi All,

I am looking for some guidance on how to setup a VM Performance report in DWH.

The OCI Client provides a nice interface with the exact fields that I'm looking for ( Name, V-Cluster, CPU Utilization, Memory Utilization) - see screenshot. Anyway I can get a similar report setup in DWH so that it is consumable by my clients? I keep going back to the client & clicking the "Export Virtual Machine Performance Table" every time someone asks - was hoping to avoid this task.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dominic

3 REPLIES 3

FRODOBROWN

ostiguy

Hey Dominic,

OCI 7.0.0 and earlier does not have VMware performance data in the datawarehouse. This is an acknowledged gap we are looking to close quickly.

Just to be clear - you are looking for, on a *per VM basis*, VM name, vCluster, VM CPU util, VM memory util%.

Any other key performance indicators?

Thanks

Matt

DOMINIC32

Matt,

Thanks for your reply. I'll answer your question in 2 ways

My quick answer - For the VM performance - all the KPI that are available in the native client view (that you see in my screenshot).

My long answer - It would be nice to ensure that anything you can see in the cleint is also readily available in DWH pre-configured in all modules. My current situation is that I provide access to the client which has all this great data ..... at which point I get asked "How do I get the same report in DWH so that this can get emailed to me on x basis"?

The importance here is ease-of-use where we wouldnt have to spend time attempting to develop the report on DWH since the logic (according to my users) is that it was "already done" on the client.

For instance,

• Datastore Inventory - with exact fields show in Client
  • Virtual Machine Inventorty - with exact fields shown in Client
  • etc.....

Thanks,
Dominic

Public