Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Vol name by using incremental naming

STVTEAMGO

Hi,

I am trying to create a workflow that can create num of volumes and choose the names by the icremental naming.

for example:

I already have nati_vol_1

nati_vol_2

nati_vol_3

I want to execute the workflow to cretae nati_vol_4,5,6 and 7.

I already configured the raw loop to Number of times and the volume name to incremental naming.

I search by aggregate and volume name prefix.

volume name prefix: $volumename

value for name if no volume matches the above criteria:

$volumename

Incerement by 1

(Its allow me to create the vol from 1 to 4 in case that 1-3 doesn't exist...)

the problem is that the workflow can create just 4 and 5.

the validation of the execution plan failed becase he plan to create nati_vol_4, nati_vol_5 and than nati_vol_5 again (is it because nati_vol_5 doesn't exist ?!)

Someone know how to help me ?

regards,

nati

6 REPLIES 6

abhit

Hi:

The question is not clear.

Can you please elaborate on this part:

"the problem is that the workflow can create just 4 and 5.

the validation of the execution plan failed becase he plan to create nati_vol_4, nati_vol_5 and than nati_vol_5 again (is it because nati_vol_5 doesn't exist ?!)"

Regards

Abhi

STVTEAMGO

you can see how I have configured the incremental volume name

the second picture show the execution failed when I try to repet the creation 4 times. (I already have vol__orange_sas_11 in the controller and I wnat to creae 12,13,14,15)

is it better explaination ?

abhit

This is why I think it is not incrementing.

When searching for volumes, it is always searching for the highest number volume.

Let us say the search finds vol__orange_sas_11. It is incremented by 1 in the first iteration of the for loop. So it becomes

vol__orange_sas_12.

In the next iteration again it searches vol__orange_sas_11, because vol__orange_sas_12 will not be there in the

DB unless your command which you are using to create the volume has reservation enabled.

So it again tries to create vol__orange_sas_11 and fails.

In order to solve this you can increment by =1+index ( this is the for loop’s index).

Regards

Abhi

STVTEAMGO

work greak !

I have another question in this issue.

The search find the vol just if I specified the full name of the volume. (Include the number).

If I search for "vol_vm_orange_sas_" its not find the volume vol_vm_orange_sas_11 and Its take the value for volume that not match the criteria.

In addition, when I search vol "vol_vm_orange_sas_10" the flow for execution plan to create 11,12,13 although volume name "vol_vm_orange_sas_11" already exist (I thouth its search the highest number)

abhit

Hi:

Good to hear that it works.

This is what I understand:

1. The DB already has vol_vm_orange_sas_11.

2. This is the volume name which has the highest number in the suffix.

3. If you search for vol_vm_orange_sas_ then it is not finding vol_vm_orange_sas_11.

Actually this is because of the SQL query.

The SQL query is not correct.

You need to find an SQL query which can find vol_vm_orange_sas_11 when you enter vol_vm_orange_sas_.

You can sort by descending (DSC). If you use DSC it will work from vol_vm_orange_sas_0 to vol_vm_orange_sas_9.

In order to make it work beyond 10, the SQL query will be little more complicated.

Regards

Abhi

abhit

Hi:

I could not access the jpegs. Somehow the mail with the jpegs are not appearing

in the web page.

Meanwhile I am preparing a simple workflow to demonstrate the same.

I will hopefully be able to send it tomorrow.

Abhi

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public