Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Vol name by using incremental naming

STVTEAMGO

Hi,

I am trying to create a workflow that can create num of volumes and choose the names by the icremental naming.

for example:

I already have nati_vol_1

nati_vol_2

nati_vol_3

I want to execute the workflow to cretae nati_vol_4,5,6 and 7.

I already configured the raw loop to Number of times and the volume name to incremental naming.

I search by aggregate and volume name prefix.

volume name prefix: $volumename

value for name if no volume matches the above criteria:

$volumename

Incerement by 1

(Its allow me to create the vol from 1 to 4 in case that 1-3 doesn't exist...)

the problem is that the workflow can create just 4 and 5.

the validation of the execution plan failed becase he plan to create nati_vol_4, nati_vol_5 and than nati_vol_5 again (is it because nati_vol_5 doesn't exist ?!)

Someone know how to help me ?

regards,

nati

6 REPLIES 6

abhit

Hi:

The question is not clear.

Can you please elaborate on this part:

"the problem is that the workflow can create just 4 and 5.

the validation of the execution plan failed becase he plan to create nati_vol_4, nati_vol_5 and than nati_vol_5 again (is it because nati_vol_5 doesn't exist ?!)"

Regards

Abhi

STVTEAMGO

you can see how I have configured the incremental volume name

the second picture show the execution failed when I try to repet the creation 4 times. (I already have vol__orange_sas_11 in the controller and I wnat to creae 12,13,14,15)

is it better explaination ?

abhit

Hi:

I could not access the jpegs. Somehow the mail with the jpegs are not appearing

in the web page.

Meanwhile I am preparing a simple workflow to demonstrate the same.

I will hopefully be able to send it tomorrow.

Abhi

abhit

This is why I think it is not incrementing.

When searching for volumes, it is always searching for the highest number volume.

Let us say the search finds vol__orange_sas_11. It is incremented by 1 in the first iteration of the for loop. So it becomes

vol__orange_sas_12.

In the next iteration again it searches vol__orange_sas_11, because vol__orange_sas_12 will not be there in the

DB unless your command which you are using to create the volume has reservation enabled.

So it again tries to create vol__orange_sas_11 and fails.

In order to solve this you can increment by =1+index ( this is the for loop’s index).

Regards

Abhi

STVTEAMGO

work greak !

I have another question in this issue.

The search find the vol just if I specified the full name of the volume. (Include the number).

If I search for "vol_vm_orange_sas_" its not find the volume vol_vm_orange_sas_11 and Its take the value for volume that not match the criteria.

In addition, when I search vol "vol_vm_orange_sas_10" the flow for execution plan to create 11,12,13 although volume name "vol_vm_orange_sas_11" already exist (I thouth its search the highest number)

abhit

Hi:

Good to hear that it works.

This is what I understand:

1. The DB already has vol_vm_orange_sas_11.

2. This is the volume name which has the highest number in the suffix.

3. If you search for vol_vm_orange_sas_ then it is not finding vol_vm_orange_sas_11.

Actually this is because of the SQL query.

The SQL query is not correct.

You need to find an SQL query which can find vol_vm_orange_sas_11 when you enter vol_vm_orange_sas_.

You can sort by descending (DSC). If you use DSC it will work from vol_vm_orange_sas_0 to vol_vm_orange_sas_9.

In order to make it work beyond 10, the SQL query will be little more complicated.

Regards

Abhi

Public