Community maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience!

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Volume usage alerts

RAHUL_VERMA

Hello,

Using Oncommand / DFM, how can i confgure volume full notification to receive alerts for a volume growing above high watermark. I do get an alert when it reaches 95% but not when it grows to 96% from 95.

2 REPLIES 2

billshaffer

There are two possible alarms - volume almost full, and volume full.  You can specify what percentage triggers each alarm (globally, and per volume).  I believe the defaults are 80% and 95%, respectively.  So if your alert at 95% was volume full, DFM can continue to alert for that condition, but won't send a new alert at 96%.  You can set your "almost full" threshhold at 95%, and "full" to 99%, or whatever numbers better suit you.

If you want an alert at 95%, another alert at 96%, etc., the only way I know to do it is use an external monitoring tool (like Nagios).

Does that help?

Bill

RAHUL_VERMA

Yup helps and that's what i could find. Though third party is not an option for me. Probably will monitor manually.
Thanks!

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public