Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA Access to Filters & Finders Denied to Authenticated User

SimonGordon

As part of a provisioning process, we use WFA to create volumes and q-trees. The initial step for our process is to query which qtrees are present on the target volmue using a WFA finder but the user ID is refused access (403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied) even though the ID authenticates via LDAP and is assigned the Operator role (according to the WFA logfile). The same ID has no trouble executing the WFA workflow later in our process.

To debug, I tried to find the server.xml file refrenced in the WFA Rest API Programmer's Guide v0.3 document but it doesnt exist. (the path is supposed to be: <WFA_INSTALL_DIR>/jboss/server/default/jbossweb.sar/server.xml but there is no server directory under jboss at C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA). According to that document, I can enable request abd response logging by 'uncommenting the valve AccessLogValve'.

I'm using WFA v 2.1.0.70.32

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

sinhaa

This is expected behaviour. Filters and Finders are Designer entities and only accessible to users with Role Admin and Architect. Users with Role: Operators can only exexcute workflow and see the Execution results.

Your initial step to look for available Qtrees can be made the part of the workflow itself.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public